You may have questions about a variety of topics related to supporting multilingual students and wish to schedule an in-person meeting. To set up a consultation, contact LeeAnne Godfrey, the ESL Faculty & Staff Liaison, at email@example.com. LeeAnne is available for consultation on a variety of topics, including:
- Recommending strategies to better support multilingual students in your course, department, or office
- Developing a custom ESL course that helps students improve their English in a discipline-specific area (such as English for Business or English for Physics)
- Providing workshops to students in your area on a specific support topic
Minnesota English Language Program Workshops
Here is just a sampling of workshops MELP offers.
- Strategies for the Multilingual Classroom
- Improving Class Participation for Multilingual Learners
- Supporting Multilingual Students in Group Work
- Providing Effective Feedback to Multilingual Learners
Contact LeeAnne Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a training for your department.
Center for Educational Innovation Workshops
The Center for Educational Innovation offers a variety of support and resources for faculty, instructors, and TAs, including:
- English Pronunciation for Academics Workshops: Through a series of workshops, participants will learn how to improve key features of English pronunciation for more effective communication.
International Student and Scholar Services Workshops
The ISSS Intercultural workshops combine intercultural competency and skills development with discussions of the unique practices, customs, and values of some of the largest international student populations on our campus.
Each session helps U of M staff members gain greater cultural self-awareness, an understanding of the contributions of international students, and communication skills to improve interactions and relationships with international students, staff, and faculty.