Learn more about the long term care administration offerings at the University of Minnesota. Our curricula are designed to help you achieve your license as a nursing home administrator or assisted living director.
- Premier program offered for 50 years, supported by experts in the field.
- Offers working professionals and UMN graduate students a flexible, customized curriculum to obtain a LNHA through online courses.
- Available to working professionals in the field as an additional credential.
- Provides UMN Certificate after completing at least 12 credits of the Professional Series courses.
- Provides a path for HSM undergraduate students to obtain the national Health Services Executive (HSE) license.
- Uses a hybrid model of in-person and online instruction by experts from across the health care spectrum for a well-rounded experience.
- Fully online 14-week, 3-credit course that provisionally meets state requirements to obtain the new Assisted Living Director license.
Find the LTC Program that Best Fits Your Needs
Use the table below to explore the options that best meet your career goals.
|If you are a(n)...||Professional & Graduate Series||Minor||Assisted Living Course|
|HSM undergraduate student||X|
|Other UMN undergraduate student||X|
|UMN graduate student||X||X|
|Nondegree-seeking student looking for a nursing home administrator’s license||X|
|Nondegree-seeking student looking for an assisted living director license||X|