Established in 1913, CCAPS empowers learners in all stages of life to pursue knowledge, gain experience, and see the world in new ways.
High school student Clara Bils accessed courses at the U of M through PSEO.
high school students enroll in University courses on campus or in their schools.
"The instructors are working professionals, and I can tell that they weed out material that isn’t directly relevant to our education."
—Bilal Syed, Health Services Management
Nearly 1,100 STUDENTS
pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees and certificates.
of degree-seeking students
are people of color.
6 Bachelor’s Programs
8 Master’s Programs
12 Undergraduate and
"My courses challenged me to think critically, question everything, and process methodically. As a result, I’m a better thinker, and I appreciate that."
—Dwayne Gibbs, Master of Biological Sciences
OVER 11,900 ALUMNI
of degree programs.
"The courses taught me project management lingo, workflow, and process. It boosted my confidence as a lead."
—Josh Kline, Project Management Certificate
professionals participate in courses, boot camps, or conferences.
"You’ve got to understand yourself. It’s not a race; this is a choice. If you choose to do this, do it well."
—Jokotade Shonibare, Master's in Addictions Counseling
70 INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
enroll in the Intensive English Program.
"I always had this in the back of my head that I wanted to go back to school to get my degree."
—Betty Sandison, Multidisciplinary Studies
Approximately 1,000 OLLI participants.
CCAPS Program Details
BUSINESS FOCUS FOR EMERGING LEADERS
Learn more about our Applied Bachelor’s Degrees and Certificates
Applied Bachelor’s Degrees and Certificates
- Construction Management
- Facilities Management
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Health Services Management
- Long Term Care
Arvin Tolibas juggled school and family as he worked to complete his applied bachelor’s degree in IT Infrastructure.
DESIGN YOUR EDUCATION
Learn more about our Individualized Bachelor’s Degrees
Individualized Bachelor’s Degrees:
- Multidisciplinary Studies
- Inter-College Program
- Health and Wellbeing Sciences
HONE YOUR EXPERTISE
Learn more about our Professional and Individualized Master’s Degrees
Graduate Degrees and Certificates
- Biological Sciences
- Addictions Counseling
- Integrated Behavioral Health
- Arts and Cultural Leadership
- Civic Engagement
- Applied Sciences Leadership
- Sexual Health
- Human Sexuality Certificate
- Leadership for Science Professionals Certificate
- Regulatory Affairs for Food Professionals Certificate
- Sex Therapy Certificate
AUGMENT YOUR SKILLS
Learn more about technology-related professional development
Professional Development: IT Certificates and Boot Camps
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Data Visualization and Analytics*
- Full Stack Web Development*
- Direct Marketing
* Boot Camp
GAIN EXPERTISE TO LEAD
Learn more about Professional
Development: Management and Communication
Professional Development: Leadership and Communication Certificates
- Business Writing
- Data Visualization and Analytics (Boot Camp)
- Digital Marketing (Boot Camp)
- Leadership Essentials
- Management Practices
- Project Management
"This isn’t just certification. This is a serious degree,” Grace Anderson says of the Master’s in Horticulture degree program.
LEARN TO GIVE EXCEPTIONAL GUIDANCE
Learn more about Professional
Development: Human Resources and Instructional Design
Professional Development: HR and Instructional Design Certificates
- Human Resource Generalist
- Instructional Design for eLearning
- Organization Development
- Professional Train-the-Trainer
GET A HEAD START
Learn more about programs for high school students
High School Programs
- College in the Schools (CIS)
- Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
Thu Mai aspires to one day use her Health Services Management degree to open a women’s health clinic in Vietnam, where she was born.
LEARN FOR ENJOYMENT
Learn more about classes and events for anyone
Classes for Anyone
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
ADVANCE IN SPEAKING, LISTENING, AND WRITING
Learn more about our language programs
- Minnesota English Language Program (MELP)
CCAPS empowers lifelong learners to achieve their educational goals through professional courses, applied and individualized degrees, and other academic pathways. We pursue a learner-centric environment where diverse ideas, backgrounds, and identities are embraced.
- We believe learning is for everyone.
- We meet people where they are.
- We help remove barriers to student success.
- We believe learning improves lives.
- We encourage curiosity.
- We celebrate learning as a lifelong process.
- We welcome all and embrace differences.
- We encourage diversity to enrich learning.
- We seek to create a sense of belonging for all.
- We foster strong relationships with one another, our learners, and our communities.
- We believe that teamwork leads to better outcomes.
- We encourage honest and open dialogue.
- We design high-quality programs that challenge and inspire our students.
- We prepare students to succeed.
- We deliver exceptional service and support.