Congratulations! You’ve made it to the mid-semester of Spring 2022! CCAPS-ATD is continuing its efforts to provide technological, media enriched, and pedagogical assistance for CCAPS courses. Please review the following reminders and tips to make the most of your teaching experience in CCAPS.
As a reminder, ATD opens courses for online/blended instructors one week before the start of the semester to allow students to acclimate to the online environment.
- 1XXX Level Course Mid-term Grade Notifications: Instructors are required to provide in-progress notifications for all 1XXX courses to students who, on the basis of performance to date in the course, appear to be in danger of receiving a grade of D, F, or N. More information on these notifications and on how to submit them can be found on the Academic Support Resources Mid-term grades site.
- Second 7-week Courses Open: ATD will open Online and Blended 7-week courses on February 28. As a reminder, ATD publishes (opens) online/blended courses one week before the start of the semester to allow students to acclimate to the online environment.
- Final Date for New ATD Work Requests: The final day to request new ATD work -- including consultations -- for Summer courses is April 18, 2022. After this date, all requests require special approval from the ATD Associate Director.
- UMN COVID-19 Updates: UMN Twin Cities continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation on campus and in the surrounding area. For the most up-to-date information on policies, visit UMN’s COVID-19 Response site (Web page no longer exists, reference left for posterity) which includes information on the university face-covering policy, prevention and well-being, and on-campus cases.
- UMN has discontinued its contract with LinkedIn Learning. If your course still uses LinkedIn Learning modules as a resource, please reach out to CCAPS-ATD using the Service Request form so that we can find replacements for inaccessible resource links.
- CCAPS-ATD is performing an ongoing file migration from an outdated Google Drive to a new, centralized team drive. You may notice that some of your files have moved to a new folder in the “Shared with Me” section of your Drive while some older, disused files may remain in their original location (which is now an archive). Contact CCAPS-ATD using the Service Request form if you have questions about these changes or need to alter access to specific files/folders for your course(s).
- Be mindful to check for new Zoom updates. Keeping Zoom updated to the most recent version will ensure that you are able to successfully record to the UMN Zoom Cloud and that you are able to run meetings with the most recent security patches. Upgrading Zoom to the latest version provides instructions on checking and updating your Zoom desktop client.
Interested in how to create interactive, content and media rich presentations for your courses? Learn how Carol Klempka and Jeannine Kesler use Articulate Rise 360 in their Applied Business courses to easily create customized SCORM packages for your course.