All IN-PERSON professional development courses through August 31 have been cancelled or moved online. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with
"Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $2,916, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 48 contact hours, 4.8 CEUs
- Courses: 4 required courses, 1 elective
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming series "Strategies to Promote Workplace Well-Being" starting on August 19.
In today’s market, a highly skilled and well-educated workforce is vital to an organization’s economic survival. Your role as a training professional requires a thoughtful analysis of training needs, skill gaps, and goals of the organization to determine the best way to improve performance.
- Apply core knowledge, skills, and competencies in the training field
- Use the latest tools and knowledge for needs assessment, curriculum design, delivery, and measurement
- Incorporate instructional design principles to develop engaging training solutions
- Develop technical skills to create an engaging, interactive learning environment in the classroom and online.
Professional Train-the-Trainer Testimonials
Professional Train-the-Trainer Courses
|Required Courses (42 contact hours)||Cost|
|Assess Training Needs (12 hours)||
|Design and Develop Training Solutions (12 hours)||$800|
|Deliver High-Impact Training (12 hours)||
|Measure Training Results (6 hours)||
|Electives - Choose 1 for 6 contact hours||Cost|
|Facilitative Training Techniques (6 hours)||
|The Internal Consultant (6 hours)||
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Stories From the Field
Online Course Teaches eLearning Design
The profession of instructional design is growing, owing to the rise in demand from a variety of industries. Read how the instructor of the U of M Instructional Design for eLearning Certificate as well as two students who completed the program see it fitting into training professions.
Hard Work Pays Off
After 11 years working in the security division of Target Corp., Ted Weidenback was ready for a change. He chose to elevate training skills he already possessed through CCAPS' Professional Train-the-Trainer Certificate program. Read how completing the program lead to a career change—and promotion—at Target.
There is no greater impact on your future than the skills you develop to grow professionally. CCAPS's portfolio of courses, certificates, and boot camps are designed to deliver practical and valuable tools and skills to help you get the edge in your career.
As your enrollment advisor, I'm here to help you choose which programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. There are three ways to connect with me: give me a call, drop me a line, or schedule an appointment on my calendar.
More About Me
I work with an extremely talented marketing and enrollment team where I advise adult learners about professional development programs to help them achieve their career goals. Before working for the University of Minnesota, I spent six years working with College Possible, a nonprofit organization that supports students in gaining access to and navigating through college.
When not at work, I love reading fantasy books, watching goofy cartoons, traveling, and walking for exercise. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and playing board games.