Total Courses5 required courses
CEUs | Contact Hours3.8 CEUs | 38 contact hours
Time to Complete3–4 months
Get the Agile Training Advantage
Are you looking for an advantage in your product or service development? If the answer is “yes,” you’ve come to the right place! With Agile training, you’ll be able to identify problems and create solutions as you go. The incremental nature of Agile means that you can complete projects faster with a higher rate of customer satisfaction.
“Agile is really about how people work together to solve problems, create products or services, and hopefully have fun doing it.” — Rand Eaton, Agile Trainer
Take a single course, or earn a certificate to become a Certified ScrumMaster® or a Certified Scrum Product Owner®. As the expert on team roles and responsibilities, the ScrumMaster helps the team perform at the highest level and protects them from both internal and external distractions. If you’re someone who relishes being in charge, managing stakeholders, and making decisions, the Product Owner role might be a good fit for you. Learn more about the difference between ScrumMaster and Product Owner.
In the University of Minnesota Agile Scrum Certificate, you’ll gain a solid understanding of Agile philosophy, with an emphasis on Scrum roles, and supporting methodologies. Agile Scrum Certificate participants will:
- choose either Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner when registering
- learn to approach requirements and quality assurance in Agile frameworks.
- understand the role of leadership in Agile, and the paradigm shift Agile brings for
- product vs. project
- team approach vs. individual
- leading vs. managing
- examine the role of an Agile Coach and the mindset and behaviors a coach models while serving a team.
- study advanced methods for teams, team dynamics, and metrics to help teams understand where they are in their Agile journey.
See the Agile Certificate program if you're looking for a comprehensive review of Agile methodology but are not looking to become a Certified ScrumMaster or a Certified Scrum Product Owner.
Agile Scrum Training Courses
To earn the Agile, you'll take five courses (38 contact hours total). Please choose between Certified ScrumMaster® or Certified Scrum Product Owner®.
Manage product backlogs, plan and execute projects, and report on progress as a Certified ScrumMaster®.
- Jan. 23-24, 2024 | Online
- April 23-24, 2024 | Online
Certified Scrum Product Owner®
- Jan. 30-31, 2024 | Online
Agile User Stories
- Feb. 6-7, 2024 | Online
- Feb. 7-8, 2024 | Online
- May 14-15, 2024 | Online
- Feb. 21-22, 2024 | Online
- Mar. 5-6, 2024 | Online
- Mar. 12-13, 2024 | Online
- June 20-21, 2024 | Online
Funding and Discounts
The U's professional development programs are affordable because they can be completed in relatively short order—sometimes within a few months—which can save you both time and money. What's more, there are other opportunities you can explore to potentially bring the cost down even further.
- CCAPS offers scholarships of $500 to $2,500 to Minnesota residents who meet eligibility requirements.
- If you're not employed, you may be able to take advantage of federal or state funding. Contact your CareerForce center to inquire.
- Your organization may have funds set aside for employee education. Read about the benefits of employer investment in career development.
- When you register and pay for all courses in the certificate at once, you'll receive up to a 10% discount.
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association members receive a 10% discount.
- U of M staff get 50% off most professional development programs.
See Discounts, Scholarships, and Other Funding for more information and possible exclusions to discounts.
The cost of the Agile Certificate program is $3,075. But if you register and pay for all the courses in the certificate at once, we'll give you a 6% discount.
If you have questions about the registration process, payment options, or need to transfer or cancel your registration, contact the registration team:
Enroll, Register, and Pay for All Courses Now
- Earn a 6% discount
- Enroll for free
- Register and pay now, make needed changes later
- Get program updates
Enroll in Certificate Now, Register and Pay for Courses Individually
- Enroll for free
- Register and pay for courses at your convenience
- Get program updates
- U of M employees: choose this option to receive your discount
I can help you choose which professional development programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. I am here to answer your questions regarding specific programs, courses, or other career topics you have on your mind.
Don’t hesitate to send me an email or schedule an online appointment. I'm here for YOU!
Stories from the Field
Agile Training Testimonials
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the qualifications of your instructors?
Instructors come from industries with considerable experience in the Agile philosophy. All have earned their Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) credential and several also have the Certified Scrum Training® (CST®) credential.
Do the courses have to be completed in a certain order?
No. However, we recommend starting with Agile Fundamentals if you’re taking the Agile Certificate and either Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner if you’re taking the Agile Scrum Certificate.
What is the difference between Agile Fundamentals, Certified ScrumMaster, and Certified Scrum Product Owner?
All three courses provide a comprehensive overview on the basics of Agile, but they have some key differences. Agile Fundamentals (Agile Certificate) covers Agile roles and responsibilities, Agile planning, product backlog, and other foundational elements of Agile.
Certified ScrumMaster and Certificated Scrum Product Owner (Agile Scrum Certificate) courses also cover the fundamentals of Agile, but they go a step further. The courses are designed to prepare you to perform a role (Scrum Master or Product Owner) on an Agile team. If students complete the course as well as the Scrum Alliance® requirements, they can earn a widely-recognized certification.
For more explanation about CSM or CSPO roles, see Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner?
Are classes offered at night?
Not at this time. The Agile Certificate and Agile Scrum Certificate are offered only during the day.
Didn't see an answer to your question? Try looking here.
Request Program Information
Do you like to see:
- snapshots of how other students put their education to work on the job?
- ideas about how to fund your program?
- career-boosting tips and inspiration?
- stories about key faculty?
- highlights on core courses?
- generally interesting news about the program?
Great! You can sign up for periodic updates here and we'll deliver these and more right to your inbox!