There are two (2) Agile programs: The Agile Certificate and the Agile Scrum Certificate, which offers Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner.
Visit the Agile Certificate website if you aren't interested in a Scrum certification.
- Cost: $3,887, reflects 6% discount for registering all courses at once
- Credits: 36 contact hours, 3.6 CEUs
- Courses: 5 required courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming series "Strategies to Promote Workplace Well-Being" starting on August 19.
Gain a solid understanding of Agile philosophy, with an emphasis on Scrum roles, and the supporting methodologies. Certificate participants will:
- Become a Certified ScrumMaster® or a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (choose one when registering).
- Visit the Agile Certificate website if you're not interested in becoming Scrum certified but are looking for a comprehensive program.
- Take a deeper dive into how requirements and quality assurance are approached differently in Agile frameworks.
- Understand the role of leadership in Agile, and the paradigm shift Agile brings for project vs. product, individual vs. team approach, and management vs. leading.
- Examine the role of “Agile Coach,” the mindset, and the behaviors a coach models while serving a team.
- Study advanced methods for teams, team dynamics, and what metrics can be used to help teams understand where they are in their Agile journey.
Video: Agile Course Testimonials
Agile Scrum Certificate Courses
Required courses (36 contact hours). Listed in recommended sequence.
|Choose one: Certified ScrumMaster®️ (14 hours) or
Certified Scrum Product Owner®️ (14 hours)
|Agile User Stories - Online Option (6 hours)||$470|
|Agile Testing - Online Option (6 hours)||$470|
|Agile Coaching - Online Option (6 hours)||$470|
|Agile Teams and Metrics - Online Option (6 hours)||$470|
Not interested in getting Scrum certified? Visit the Agile Certificate website or take courses individually.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Stories from the Field
As your enrollment advisor, I'm here to help you choose which programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. There are three ways to connect with me: give me a call at 612-301-3091, drop me a line, or schedule an appointment on my calendar below.
More About Me
I work with an extremely talented enrollment team where I advise adult learners about professional development programs to help them achieve their career goals. Before working for the University of Minnesota, I spent six years working with College Possible, a nonprofit organization that supports students in gaining access to and navigating through college.
When not at work, I love reading fantasy books, watching goofy cartoons, traveling, and walking for exercise. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and playing board games.