- Cost: $4,050, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 5 required, 1 elective
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center; complimentary parking is provided
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
Hone your skills as the main liaison between business and IT departments. As a business analyst, you will gather and document business requirements and translate them into functional design specifications that can be executed by IT development teams.
- Identify business needs, and the costs and benefits of addressing them technically
- Formulate business specifications to develop and implement technical solutions
- Bridge the gap between business and IT with common project definitions and requirements
- Use data modeling techniques to analyze and improve business processes
|Required Courses (54 contact hours)
Courses are listed in recommended sequence
|Introduction to Business Analysis||$470|
|Business Solutions Scoping and Eliciting Requirements||$900|
|Business Requirements Analysis||$900|
|Supporting Requirements - Documenting and Managing Requirements, and Validating the Solution||$900|
|Stakeholder Management, Business Analysis Planning, and Estimating||$900|
Elective Courses (6 contact hours)
|Introduction to Agile (6 hours)||$470|
|Business Acumen (6 hours)||$470|
|Technical Writing (6 hours)||$470|
|Managing Complex Projects (6 hours)||$470|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.