Virtual courses are currently being developed and are denoted with "Online Option" in the course title. For announcements please sign up for updates at the bottom of this page. You can still register for in-person courses that begin May 14th or later—check out courses below for upcoming dates.
- Cost: $4,050, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 5 required, 1 elective
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars including "What's the Difference Between Project Management and Agile?" presented on March 19. And be sure to register for our upcoming series to help you "Adapt and Thrive in Changing Times" starting on April 14.
Hone your skills as the main liaison between business and IT departments. As a business analyst, you will gather and document business requirements and translate them into functional design specifications that can be executed by IT development teams.
- Identify business needs, and the costs and benefits of addressing them technically
- Formulate business specifications to develop and implement technical solutions
- Bridge the gap between business and IT with common project definitions and requirements
- Use data modeling techniques to analyze and improve business processes
Video: Business Analysis Course Testimonials
|Required Courses (54 contact hours)
Courses are listed in recommended sequence
|Introduction to Business Analysis - Online Option||$470|
|Business Solutions Scoping and Eliciting Requirements - Online Option (last offering April 23)||$900|
|Business Requirements Analysis - Online Option (last offering May 7)||$900|
|Supporting Requirements - Documenting and Managing Requirements, and Validating the Solution (last offering May 20)||$900|
|Stakeholder Management, Business Analysis Planning, and Estimating (last offering June 11)||$900|
Elective Courses (6 contact hours)
|Business Architecture (6 hours)||$470|
|Introduction to Agile (6 hours)||$470|
|Business Acumen - Online Option (6 hours)||$470|
|Technical Writing - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
Business Analysis: What Is It?
As the liaison between IT and management, the business analyst—aka computer systems analyst, product manager, solutions designer, managing analyst—keeps abreast of the latest technology while simultaneously addressing the process needs of the organization. Two business analysts, one new to the field and the other a seasoned professional, talk about the significance of business analysis in a variety of industries.