When and how to influence in different contexts
As the world becomes more specialized, fragmented, and complex, there's a greater need to be effective at influencing others. Although influence is a crucial leadership skill, many influence efforts fail because people are not deliberate with their time and attention.
In this webinar, we will explore:
- the nature of influence—distinguishing between every day or casual influence and influencing with intention.
- whom should you influence—who are the stakeholders?
- how to influence—what are the tactics?
- influence messaging—creating a compelling vision of the future.
Webinar presenter Jim Hoarrecently retired after 31 years of service with Target Company, where he held many roles, most recently as senior consultant on Target’s Executive Development team. Jim’s teaching and research interests include strategy development, influence and influence tactics, and leading transformational change. Jim teaches Facilitative Training Techniques and Strategic and Intentional Influence (coming soon) for the University of Minnesota's professional development programs.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Oct. 3-4, 2023 | Online | Waitlist
- Jan. 23-24, 2024 | Online
- June 13-14, 2024 | Online
- Oct. 12-13, 2023 | Online | Waitlist
- Feb. 20-21, 2024 | Online
- May 30-31, 2024 | Online