Most in-person professional development courses through December 31st have been moved online. A small selection of courses will be offered in-person. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with "Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $3,883.50, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 5 required and 3 elective courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars and register for our upcoming series "Strategies to Promote Workplace Well-Being" starting on August 19.
This certificate program will help you enhance the productivity and progress of those who report directly to you, ensure that the group works efficiently and effectively to reach its goals, and resolve problems as they arise.
- Improve leadership and supervision skills
- Build teamwork and commitment
- Delegate tasks effectively
- Manage job performance and develop talent.
Video: Supervision Certificate Testimonials
Supervision Certificate Courses
|Required courses (42 contact hours)
Listed in recommended sequence
|Principles of Supervision - Online Option (12 hours)||$800|
|Delegate to Enhance Job Performance - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Build Teamwork and Commitment - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Measuring and Improving Work Processes (12 hours)||$995|
|Coaching for Excellence - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Elective courses - choose 3 for 18 contact hours||Cost|
|Foundations in Business Writing - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Interviewing and Selection Processes - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Leading Change, Transitions, and People - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Legal Issues for Supervisors and Managers - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Manage Performance and Develop Talent - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Emotional Intelligence - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.
As your enrollment advisor, I'm here to help you choose which programs are the best fit to meet your career goals. There are three ways to connect with me: give me a call at 612-301-3091, drop me a line, or schedule an appointment on my calendar below.
More About Me
I work with an extremely talented enrollment team where I advise adult learners about professional development programs to help them achieve their career goals. Before working for the University of Minnesota, I spent six years working with College Possible, a nonprofit organization that supports students in gaining access to and navigating through college.
When not at work, I love reading fantasy books, watching goofy cartoons, traveling, and walking for exercise. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and playing board games.