All IN-PERSON professional development courses through August 31 have been cancelled or moved online. Courses that are available virtually are denoted with
"Online Option" in the course title.
- Cost: $3,883.50, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once
- Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
- Courses: 5 required and 3 elective courses
- Location: U of M St. Paul campus, Continuing Education and Conference Center
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location
- Webinars: CCAPS offers free webinars on a variety of topics to help you hone your business acumen. Catch up on past webinars, including "What's the Difference Between Project Management and Agile?" presented on March 19. And be sure to register for our upcoming series to help you "Adapt and Thrive in Changing Times" starting on April 16.
This certificate program will help you enhance the productivity and progress of those who report directly to you, ensure that the group works efficiently and effectively to reach its goals, and resolve problems as they arise.
- Improve leadership and supervision skills
- Build teamwork and commitment
- Delegate tasks effectively
- Manage job performance and develop talent.
Video: Supervision Certificate Testimonials
Supervision Certificate Courses
|Required courses (42 contact hours)
Listed in recommended sequence
|Principles of Supervision - Online Option (12 hours)||$800|
|Delegate to Enhance Job Performance - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Build Teamwork and Commitment - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Measuring and Improving Work Processes (12 hours)||$995|
|Coaching for Excellence (6 hours)||$420|
|Elective courses - choose 3 for 18 contact hours||Cost|
|Foundations in Business Writing - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Interviewing and Selection Processes (6 hours)||$420|
|Leading Change, Transitions, and People - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Legal Issues for Supervisors and Managers (6 hours)||$420|
|Manage Performance and Develop Talent - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Business Reports and Proposals - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
|Emotional Intelligence - Online Option (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the full list of professional development courses.
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more about digital badges.